Sunday, August 21, 2011

Before and After

We've been in our house for over a year and I finally decided to post some before and after pictures. I'm sure you can figure out which are before and afters. My husband is incredibly talented and did most of the work himself. The only thing that remains from the day we bought it is the travertine floors, front door and roof and master bathroom. We have new windows, doors, mirrored wardrobes, cabinets, moved walls, crown mold, base boards, door and window casings. Everything is new down to the last detail. It feels like a new home and we love it. We still have a few big projects. Next is exterior paint and were covering up the brick with stone. Also a new patio cover that will be vaulted and tie into our roof. In the few year plan, we will get a pool and the master bath will be last. Then I'm sure my husband will be ready to move and start all over, but the kids and I are staying. Thanks babe for a beautiful home! You are the hardest worker I know!


Blue paint with red curtains? odd
Don't you love the blue paint? Well I didn't. But the flooring in the house was beautiful. It's the only thing that still remains.
The kids bathroom, isn't it nice?
Much better!

Everything that is framed in we closed off, thanks to my hubby's skills.

Notice the fireplace in the right side of the picture? GONE! Who designs a house where you walk in the front door and 5 feet later there is a fireplace in the middle of the room? Stupid. We have large furniture and like open great rooms, so it had to go, and we don't miss it!

I've blogged about my floor mat before but it deserves a 2nd plug! Its a Gel Pro Mat, it's amazing!!! They cost between $80 and $160 depending on the size. WORTH EVERY PENNY! I think I need a second for in front of the stove. If you spend a ton of time in the kitchen, this is a must, especially if you have hard flooring.


I drink a lot of wine...so! Not only does it make me happy and tastes good, the corks are so useful. This is my new kitchen cork board for party invites and important lists. Do you want one? Get drinkin!

I love these pendant lights above the bar. They are so beautiful when they are lit.

I LOVE this sink! It's a black crushed granite. And because the only dishes I hand wash are pots, pans and wine glasses, I don't need a sink with a divider in it. This sink is so large I can sit indian style in, not that I do...but I can.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's safe to say that I'm in love with your whole house! The kitchen looks SO good!! Great job you guys! I also LUV the wine cork frame, what a neat idea!

Kris said...

Amazing transformation!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Shelb!! Your house looks fantastic!!! Love the before and after pics. Danny did an amazing job. I especially love how the kitchen turned out and the living room. Soo nice :)

Shelbie Molnar said...

Thanks friends! You are welcome over any time!