Monday, August 29, 2011

My little peanut isn't so little

I am in shock that Regan is already 11 months old. When she was colicky I felt like time couldn't go fast enough, and now I want it to slow down! She has the biggest brown eyes I've ever seen, she can practicly get away with anything. Her huge eyes and smile melt me in an instant.  In the last month she has changed tremendously! She started crawling and is now cruising around furniture in a short 3 weeks. I feel like her crawling stage is going to be short lived, which I'm okay with, because I HATE the crawling stage! She has the cutest little personality, and her laugh is so nasally and contagious. She is a HAPPY, HAPPY baby. She crawls around the house with a perma-grin on her face. She got her 1st two teeth at 10 months and cut them like a champ. You wouldn't even know she was getting teeth. She loves to eat, loves water even more and her brother is her world! She's obsessed with t.v. and anything that has bright light. She's going to be in for a real treat when she goes to Disneyland on Wednesday. (We haven't been in 3 months)   She's finally done with baby food. We had to transition her very slowly due to all her intolerances with food but she's doing great and it's obvious she loves to eat. (weighing 22.8 lbs)  Her favorites foods are beans, rice,  bbq chicken, avo and spaghetti. Also whole wheat toast and pancakes. She's not a big fruit eater but loves her veggies. I wish she didn't stuff her mouth so full, she will try to put an entire pancake in her mouth, then she chokes, and spits the entire mostly chewed pancake onto her lap.

She loves to stick EVERYTHING in her mouth. On hot days I can't keep her in just a diaper because she pulls it apart and eats the cotton. She will crawl over to Sid and get an entire handful of his hair to put in her mouth. She finds anything! She's obsessed with eating grass, dirt, wood chips, house plants and my hair . You can't take an eye off her for a second.

Regan is just like her mama. She throws a fit if she doesn't get her way (do I really do that?). She doesn't want to nap for fear of missing out on something I'm guessing. Regan sleeps great at night, a good 12 to 13 hours (straight through, thank god), but  rarely naps during the day. On a typical day she naps for 30 min. to an hour total. ALL DAY, THAT'S IT. She doesn't even fall asleep in the car, EVER! Guess how much I can get done in 30min? Almost nothing!!! But I have to admit, she's never fussy so I can't be to upset that she doesn't sleep.

Regan talks a lot less than Ryder did at her age. I try not to compare the two of them but it's so hard not to. Ryder said at least 15 words at her age. Regan says mama, dada, baba, bye, baba and bye-bye. She waves hello, good bye, points and loves to give open mouth kisses. She hates her jumperoo and saucer now, shes very independent. Unfortunately she doesn't like to be held much. I try to hold and cuddle her while giving her a bottle but she wants nothing to do with it. Hopefully someday she will let me cuddle her! These little people in my house are so cute all I want to do is cuddle them all day!


Hi chicken face

she can't get enough of the water. I know it looks funny, bathing suit with socks but her feet get tore up crawling on the cement

loves the sand, probably because she wants to eat it

see those two little teeth, so cute


she constantly has a huge smile on her face



Did I mention the men love her?

Regan, you are so sweet and we love you more than words could ever say. Thank you for for completing our little family, you are pefect in every way baby girl!

2 comments:

Lorge Family said...

I cannot believe she is already 11 months old! That is just crazy. She is adorable and looks like a very happy girl:-)

Anonymous said...

So sweet Shelb :). She is a little cutie!!