Saturday, August 27, 2011

Run like the wind

I ate up 10 miles of trail running for breakfast today. What did you eat? It was awesome, I usually run with a partner but she's doing a race tomorrow (good luck E) so I ran by myself. 10 is the furthest I've ever ran alone.  I have an injured knee, it was 94' when I finished and I ran on an empty stomach, but I killed it. I'm super-mom, hear me ROAR! Okay, maybe not but I was proud. 
I LOVE this and I have finally come to LOVE my thunder thighs!

 So I'm completely ADDICTED to  running!  People ask me all the time, how do you run? I hate it. Once you've gotten a runners high, you come to love it I guess. I used to hate it, mostly before kids, now it's my escape. I color my own hair, only get it cut twice a year, get maybe 2 pedicures and massages a year if that so to me it's how I treat myself. Its ME time, it makes me feel great, it's healthy and I'm setting a damn good example for my kids. Ryder mimics me a lot. He pretends he's heading to the gym, says he's going to run and do squats, then demonstrates. It's so cute.

I run because I love it
I run to race
I run to be skinny (don't lie you do too)
I run for quiet time
I run to think about everything
I run to think about nothing
I run to eat what I want
I run to come home and have an ice cold beer while I ice my knees (cause I can)
I run to sweat
I run because it f***ing hurts
I run to be healthy
I run because it's a priority
I run because I'm training for a marathon (scared)

I hear far to often, I want to run but I don't have the time. I want to workout but I'm too busy. Stop making excuses! If your health is a priority to you, you MAKE the time. PERIOD! Now get your ass of the couch, or don't. It's your choice.

2 comments:

Jaymi said...

Love it! Great job girl! You kick ass! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jaym! You rock! Loved this!! Can't wait for 12 with ya this weekend!