Sunday, November 27, 2011

He melts me

This little man just melts my heart! He is the sweetest, well mannered, funny and complimentary little guy. I just can't get enough of him and constantly wonder how I got so lucky. Last night after we hung the lights on the house we come inside and Ryder tells me "Mommy your the best, your the best at everything, and I just love you." I seriously wanted to cry. This morning he walks out and sees the Christmas tree half way done (I left the other half so he could help) he yells, "mom did you do this? It looks fantastic! I'm so proud of you mommy!" Please tell me more, I love his little compliments. I often forget he isn't even 3 1/2 yet, he acts so adult like. I forget how young he is until I'm around other kids his age and I hear their vocabulary. I overheard him last night teaching the 3 year old neighbor girl Spanish. Her parents that it was hilarious. He talks and acts like a 6 year old and I just want him to stay little awhile longer. He's constantly schooling and correcting me, sadly he's usually right. This is something I imagine a 13 year old girl doing. As I'm typing this and not paying attention to him he has spoken over 1000 words to me, this kid doesn't ever stop (my ears bleed daily). He's so frustrated I'm not responding to him and he knows how to get my full attention "mommy, I love you more than anything in the whole world, can you please look at my eyes when I talk to you?"  I'm pretty sure our little manipulative debater just may be a lawyer some day. Ryder, you blow our minds daily with your whit, funny character and love of pleasing others. Don't ever change, you are 1 in a billion!


Pink cell phone in his pocket, he's not ashamed!

So what if I use my sister head as an armrest
Teaching his sis how to put her hands up on rides.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw those pics melt my heart, too cute!!

I miss my running partner too Shelb!! I'm SO out of shape I couldn't hang 1/8th of what you're at now! I need your #, I got a new phone & lost ALL my contacts, call or text me tho! I need deets on your marathon training & what not!
So pumped for yoU!
XO

Kris said...

What a couple of cutie pies!!!! It was nice to chat with you yesterday!!