Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Regan, Regan, Regan

Another update about the peanut. So today was day 24 since the diarrhea started and....we had a normal stool this morning. Wahoo, I've never been so happy to share a story about poop! Followed by 2 more normal stools today. What made this diarrhea stop you ask? On Saturday I spoke to my cousins wife who's a dietitian and she recommended I cut all gluten out of Regan's diet. We did and it has obviously made a difference. Ciliac disease which is something the Dr.s will be testing her for has to go with gluten intolerance. Today we FINALLY got the authorization for Regan's endoscopy and colonoscopy. It will be next Wednesday early afternoon. Monday night will be her last meal and then a bottle at bed time. She will have only chicken broth and jello from the time she wakes up Tuesday morning until after her procedure at 2pm on Wednesday. Not quite sure how I will console my 13 month old when she can't have formula or real food for 36 hours, but I have a feeling it's going to be ugly. Forgot to mention I have to give her laxatives every 4 hours all day Tuesday from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. POOR BABY! Hasn't she suffered enough ass on fire diarrhea?  She will be in the hospital for just part of the day and will be home to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving feast. They informed me I needed to put her back on gluten immediately or the results will be inaccurate. So as of tomorrow I'm sure we will be back to diarrhea for the next week. Good news...they will have all the biopsy results 72 hrs. after her procedure even though it's a holiday weekend. Fortunately the pathologists work around the clock. Soon I will catch up blogging about Halloween and everything else. I spend most of my days bathing my daughter to help soothe her butt after every poop, which is all day or 6 times a day at 20 minutes a bath, but soon we will have a life again... I HOPE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Regan! :( Praying for answers but hopeful & happy for this bit of good news hang in there Shelb
XO

Kris said...

Poor baby! Good luck Shelbie. I will be saying prayers for you guys!!!

Genn said...

Oh poor Regan!!! I really hope you get some answers to work with after her tests are done. I will pray for her Shelb. And for you. xoxoxo

Shelbie Molnar said...

Thanks sweet ladies!