Friday, March 2, 2012

Working Backward...Danny's race

I'm so proud of Danny! A few months ago he decided he wanted to run his 1st half marathon in our old stomping ground of Huntington Beach. I made him a training schedule and he followed it to a tee. He was running a few days a week at 4:15 a.m. so he could still lift weights after work and still be home by dinner. His dedication to his early morning runs at a chilly 39' was inspiring! Danny had a huge goal in mind when he set his time total to break 2 hrs. That's a really quick pace for a first race especially when you have over 15,000 people running and your constantly weaving through crowds of walkers. He finished in an amazing 2:01:26. He was really disappointed by his time but I though he ran a fantastic race. I ran the first few miles and the last few miles with him to pace set him. I'm so happy he loves running now as much as I do!





No comments: