Monday, October 31, 2011

Regan's Luau...perfect

For Regan's birthday we had a Luau. I was thinking kids first birthday but a good time for the adults. Let's do it at 4:00p.m. PERFECT!!! For Ry's birthday I was so busy I didn't get to enjoy it. So for Regan's I knew she would be in bed by 7p.m. and the adults would stay, the older kids could jump (bouncer) and I could relax, enjoy company and mai tais. It was beautiful tropical weather, hot and cloudy, just lovely. I made pulled pork that I cooked for 18 hours, home made bbq sauce that had jalapeno and fresh ginger in it, macaroni salad and fruit skewers. I did all the cupcakes, cookies, decor and food. I will NEVER do that again with 2 kids because it was so much work, but paid off. Everyone raved about the pulled pork which I served on Hawaiian rolls. That made my night. Regan hated her cake, loved eating sand in the sand table and enjoyed being passed around. I think everyone had a good time (some stayed till 10 p.m.) and it was so nice to have a small, intimate party with close friends and family to celebrate our sweet baby girl.

One of my creations


My friend Mia made these...they were fantastic. She also made some that were smores cake balls. Chocolate with mini marshmallows inside, dipped in chocolate, rolled in graham cracker. YUMMMM

Flip-flop cookies anyone?

One of the tables



Sweets and treats table

Beach cupcakes...a lot of work

Thank you for all your help Mia, I love you! She helped me so much while she had both of her kids with no help while her husband was out of town doing an Ironman. You are such a fantastic friend. xo


LOVE! I love this picture. Too bad it's a little blurry. Beer goggles? After almost 30 years, I think not!







Interesting outfit, 10 p.m. maybe you should go to bed Ryder!

Thank you to everyone who shared in Regan's special day with us! And we missed those of you who couldn't be there! Some of our dearest friends were unable to make it do to vacations and illnesses, we missed you!

2 comments:

miak said...

I just saw this! Thank you for all of your kind words! You are a great friend!

Melissa said...

Just found your blog from Life In The Hass House! I noticed your last name and clicked on over because I know a couple Molnar's. Curiosity had me clicking and it looks like your related to Alex and Kelly. What a small world!

Just wanted to say hello and happy blogging to you!